Thursday, 19 May 2011

Alderman George R. Wooler & Elizabeth Wooler

These cards were in my late Mothers' [ whose maiden name was Wooler] effects and she had no idea of any Canadian connection as she was orphaned as a baby and brought up by an Aunt & Uncle who likewise had no knowledge of the senders.
I have researched the direct Wooler line back to the 1600's and would be interested if anyone researching the Woolers in Canada had found a link back to England, my line lived around the Gisburn Forest area of Yorkshire for many years and some still do, another line moved to Liverpool in the 1880's.
I am intrigued that George & Elizabeth on the 1915 card have an address "Woolers Terrace" in Paris Ontario, does this mean they built the Terrace or just a coincidence?
I assume that as an Alderman he had moved up the social ladder.
The fact that the cards were in my Mothers family suggests someone was in correspondence from England possibly.
I googled and found from Murray Fair's listing that George & Elizabeth are buried in Paris Cemetery, Brant County,George died 1936, Elizabeth died 1941.

If anyone has information on or is connected to this family, please contact the our branch at:
Brant OGS

Here are the cards (a treasure in and of themselves)

No comments:

Post a Comment